I wanted to give you some quick facts on why scalp massages are so important.
1. May reduce migraine and headaches
2. Reduces Stress- Doing scalp massages can reduce stress, lower blood pressure and help you relax at night.
3. KEY when growing your hair- This has great long term benefits!
I make sure to take at least 15 minutes out of my day to massage my scalp with my Bare Your Hair Peppermint Oil, to get the blood flowing. This can be done while watching your favorite show or while laying in bed. It's quick, easy and beneficial for healthy hair growth.
I wanted to make a quick post to show you how I got these super quick and easy curls on my straight hair. I like to do these curls whenever my hair is oily/old and I am close to wash day.
To Do: I separate my hair into sections with my fingers (Not with a comb because I didn`t want visible parts).
Once I have one piece of hair I detangle that piece and apply a small amount of wrapping lotion and then smooth and comb that into my hair.
Before adding the flexi rod you want to make sure that your hair is super smooth, or else it will come out frizzy and your hair will be reverted.
Flexi Rods: I start at the bottom of the hair and slowly roll the flexi rod up while still making sure that I am smoothing my hair.
For the look I was going for I only wanted the ends of my hair curled, so I rolled the rods about halfway up my hair.
The next day I took the rods out, applied a small amount of jojba oil to my finger tips and lightly separated my curls.
As many of you know, I have not used heat on my hair in over a year, and I definitely have noticed some differences in my hair that I want to share with you.
1. Hair growth- Since I haven`t been using heat on my hair, I`ve noticed that my hair has grown drastically.
2. No heat damage- This one is pretty obvious, when you don`t use heat, you don`t get heat damage. I feel like its so easy to get heat damage, so taking a break from using it definitely has its benefits.
3. Healthier hair and bouncy curls- By cutting out heat my curls have so much more life to them. I can keep styles longer and my hair stays super defined.