I love to go digging through my refrigerator to find something that is going to work differently on my hair.
You usually have a ton of things that are awesome for your hair- if you combine them or use them by themselves.
So tonight I thought I would share what I found in my refrigerator (and cabinets) and how I they can be used.
1. Yogurt- I love Greek... Yogurt- and just regular thick and creamy yogurt- one cup of it is all you need for your hair- lots of shine and nice curls. Coat your hair with the mixture (I add honey- or olive oil) cover with a shower cap and let sit 15 to 20 minutes and shampoo out.
2. Honey- add that to your yogurt- or to any leave in conditioner- extra shiny and soft. Remember to mix well!!! It softens and smoothens the hair. It improves the health of the hair follicles and the scalp at the same time. Add a teaspoon of honey to your shampoo if you like. Cover with a plastic cap and let sit for about 30 minutes and shampoo as usual.
3. Avocado- Placed in blender with honey- awesome stuff!!! Helps with dry and brittle hair- and split ends, helps your hair grow, makes it stronger. Make sure that you "mash" it well. I place it in the blender you can add any Bare Your Hair Oils to it, mix, over your hair with a plastic cap for about 30 to 40 minutes .It also helps with FRIZZ CONTROL. This is also a protein treatment, so if you are protein sensitive make sure you are not doing this too often.
4. Eggs- (you can mix this with your avocado too) Mix with yogurt and honey-if you like. Coat your hair with the egg- and cover for 30 to 40 minutes and rinse/wash as normal. This is a natural moisturizer and a scalp cleanser.
5. Baking Soda - mix 1 to 2 tsp of baking soda with water- until it makes a paste- and massage into damp hair and let sit for about 15 minutes and rinse and shampoo. This will clean your scalp from product buildup. I use a toothbrush to apply my mixture- and I usually mix it with any conditioner that I have handy.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar - Great shine and scalp cleaner. Its the last thing I rinse my hair with- I've gotten use to the smell- but if it bother use- rinse with water- the smell goes away quickly.
Hope this helps guys!